Once you have determined that there is a match between your request and the Foundation’s focus, a Letter of Inquiry may be submitted. When submitting the Letter of Inquiry, please make certain that the request addresses the Foundation’s funding priorities.
Providing children with food and shelter, clothing, children’s education, the medical treatment of children, and other children’s charitable purposes in the Greater San Antonio area.
PREPARING A LETTER OF INQUIRY:
A Letter of Inquiry should include the following components (in order), should not exceed 2-3 pages in length and include contact
information for the President or Executive Director of the organization. Please be brief but concise in the LOI, greater detail on items below will be requested if an application is invited.
**If a submitted LOI exceeds the 3 page requirement and does not follow the below format, it will automatically be declined**
Please use each bullet below as your heading for that section’s response. The LOI should be typed in Times New Roman font style using 12-point font size.
- Project Title (Complete in one sentence-no longer than 225 characters, including spaces. This is a brief description of the project in one sentence.)
- Complete this sentence: To support ____________
- Amount of funding request: ____________ (whole dollar amounts only)
- Brief statement of the organization’s purpose and history
- Project description
- Brief statement of any previous funding received from The Harvey E. Najim Family Foundation
- How the proposed project relates to The Harvey E. Najim Family Foundation’s funding priorities
- Line-item budget for project in which funds are being requested (this is not your organization’s budget)
Line-item budget description:
This is not the total revenue or expenses for the organization. This will detail the cost associated with the project being requested.
If the organization is requesting $25,000 from the Najim Family Foundation and the total cost of the project is $50,000, then your line-item would look like:
|Line Item description||Total Project Funds Allocation||Najim requested funds allocation|
- Organization total revenue and expenses for current fiscal year
- Project timeline (beginning and ending dates)
- Brief project evaluation criteria
- List other project funders (pending and committed foundations) MUST INCLUDE NAME OF FOUNDATION & DOLLAR AMOUNT, PENDING OR COMMITTED
- Contact information of primary and secondary person within organization (INCLUDE: name, address, phone number, and email address)
Attach the following to the Letter of Inquiry submission:
- Copy of the organization’s IRS Determination Letter
If Any Of The Items Above Are Not Included In The Loi, The Loi Will Be Declined
Do not submit with a Letter of Inquiry:
Examples of past work (articles, reports, videos, or other materials). These items will be requested if needed.
Review Of Letter Of Inquiry:
- The Foundation staff will review the Letter of Inquiry upon receipt.
- The Selection Committee will determine which applicants will be invited to submit a full funding proposal. Those applicants will receive an email notification within two to three weeks of the LOI deadline inviting them to submit a full funding proposal.
- Declination letters will be emailed to all remaining applicants according to the grant application schedule. The foundation’s decision does not reflect on the value of the project, but rather our attempt to balance resources.
An invitation to submit a formal grant application is not a guarantee of funding.
***ALL LOI’s MUST BE UPLOADED BELOW. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL THE LOI TO THE FOUNDATION.***
UPLOAD LOI AND IRS DETERMINATION LETTER: